1) Can I check my luggage onto the aircraft?
After check-in via the EZ Check -In machine, passengers will be required to take their bags to the specially marked EZ Check- In / Web check-In counters. Airline agents will then weigh and tag your bags.
2) Do I pay for this service?
The cost is already included in airport fees.
3) What documents do I need to use the EZ Check- In machine?
A “machine readable” form of identification such as your passport, debit/credit card or your frequent flyer number for the airline on which you are travelling. You maybe required to enter information regarding where you presently live and the address you will be staying while overseas.
4) How do I know if my passport is machine readable?
A machine readable passport (MRP) is a passport where the data on the identity page is encoded in optical character recognition (OCR) format as specified by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), for Jamaican Nationals, new machine readable passports were issued as of September 3, 2001.
5) How long does the process take?
The average time taken to complete the check-in process is 2-4 minutes per passenger.
6) How long before my flight can Ii use EZ Check-In?
As much as 24 hours to as little as 60 minutes before scheduled departure time of flight.
7) Can EZ Check-In be used for intra-island flights?
Yes, between Kingston and Montego Bay.
The following persons will require agent assistance at the check in counter and will not be able to use the EZ Check-In service:
- Requiring Medical assistance
- With unconfirmed or fully open tickets
- Wait- listed or travelling on stand-by
- Without machine readable forms of identification
- Flying on an unsupported airline
For further information on EZ Check-In, please contact us at:
Tel: (876) 924-8452-6 Ext. 2039-2045
Toll free from Jamaica: 1-888-AIRPORT (247-7678)